Intex 2650 not working correctly

ugafan

Jun 24, 2013
I turned the pump on, but it wouldn't push any water. After restarting it several times and waiting for about a minute it started to work, but it's now very loud. Any suggestions on a possible fix or am I going to have to get a new pump?

A little background information would be useful. Is this a new pump or new pool? Did it work before but just stopped working? What happened right before it stopped working.

i got the pump and pool last year. i've had it off for most of the winter, running it only a few times. it worked fine the last time i ran it which was about a month ago. i live in georgia. the only thing i can think of that was different was we had some snow and ice since last time it ran.

Did you you disconnect the pump and drain it during the cold spell or did you at least run it during that time? It is possible that it has some freeze damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.