Should I get my EasyTouch firmware upgraded?

Feb 21, 2014
Morgan Hill, CA
I just recently purchased a new house with a pool, and I'm still trying to learn about it. I just got ScreenLogic working (very happy with it so far), and I noticed my EasyTouch firmware is currently at 1.050 (Controller model is EasyTouch1 8).

Should I worry about upgrading? It ain't broke, but it looks like I'm really down-revved, and I don't know if upgrading to the latest will actually help me.

Thoughts?

In most cases older firmware versions work just fine and upgrading is not really worth the effort. The firmware can only be updated by an authorized Pentair dealer. They vary rather widely on how helpful they are about doing upgrades. Many will only do an upgrade when you are purchasing some piece of new Pentair equipment from them, or there is some specific problem you are experiencing with the older firmware.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.