Ground water ran into my pool...

I've never brought it in to be tested anywhere, but we live in the country and have well water. My mom has same water as us and the pool store told her when she did her liner change last year her water had a lot if metal. So I would think we do. Should I take it somewhere and have it tested? When we had to refill after patching the hole it would not ever clear up and pool builder said it was metals and put more sequestrant in and it cleared up.

Clear green is usually metals whereas cloudy green is more likely to be algae. Iron in the water is typically yellow which against a blue background will look green. If you lower your pH level and the green gets lighter, then that would help confirm if this is iron in the water. However, I'm a bit surprised this would occur just from the runoff you had getting into the pool though some soil is rich in iron.

If it is iron, then adding an HEDP-based metal sequestrant can help, but longer-term you'll probably want to dilute your water to get rid of it so that you don't have to keep adding metal sequestrant since it will slowly break down with chlorine.

I agree, but wanted to ask what part of SWLA are you in? It seems metals are more of a problem in well water from the coastal plains area, and less toward the hillier northern part of SWLA, with Sulphur also being common in the well water in the coastal plains. Also do you know the depth of your well, there are 3 separate aquafer sands overlaying each other in parts of SWLA, with the Chicot being the largest and most commonly tapped, but even it has 3 levels of sands.

Isaac I'm from Kinder, about 40 miles from sulphur. I do not know the depth of the well. The water looks much better today and when I tested this morning fc was 11, cc 0. Now to get it fixed so this doesn't happen again and my liner hopefully stops coming away from the wall. It is a clear green it's only cloudy if I brush it. I think I have gotten the majority of the dirt out that washed in. We still have no grass growing around the pool because he tried sloping the ground more a while back to get the water to run away. So we got a good bit of dirt in it.

The new gauge came in today, when I went to put it on, the old one is glued on. Is that normal? Does anyone know if I turn it if I could get it off, or should I order a new bottom black piece also that it screws into? I didn't want to risk breaking it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.