algea howlong when pool empty before green algea dead?

What type of pool do you have, inground, above ground ?

I don't know how long algae can survive out of water. Regardless your going to have clean the pool with a water,bleach solution.

Somebody else may have a better answer for ya.

If you put all your pool info in your sig, it will help us help you better.

You can kill the algae using the SLAM method. http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl
Is the pool still full now ? It sounds like you want to drain and clean it, correct ? By the "tubes" I take you mean the plumbing. Like I said before I don't know how long algae can live without water.

I see your draining it now. Yes you'll have to use bleach - water solution for the plumbing. Are you going to pressure wash the pool bleach/water solution or something of that nature to kill any remaining algae ?

If you can spray the surfaces with bleach (liquid Chlorine) after you are done pressure washing and cleaning it will kill most of the Algae.

Complete the SLAM process upon filling the pool and it will kill any remaining Algae and Algae spores in the whole system.

howlong before they are dead?
The short answer is, "Never." Algae spores are continuously entering your pool water from the atmosphere as well as any remaining hiding in your pool surfaces. Waiting for the algae to be dead in your pool walls is virtually meaningless.

Without a constant chlorine residual, algae simple returns to your pool. Chlorine in adequate dosage prevents and kills algae.....draining has little to do with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.