Inteliflo VF Priming question

May 3, 2011
PSL, FL
I have an Inteliflo VF that I just did the first Backwash with today.

The priming everytime you want to do a backwash is driving me crazy.

Here's how I would normally backwash my DE filter.

Put valve in backwash position
Run pump, watch output to see if it is clearing, run a few minutes...
Put Valve in Rinse, run a minute to bump the DE
Put valve in backwash position
Run pump, watch output to see if it is clearing, run a few minutes...
Put Valve in Rinse, run a minute to bump the DE

Repeat till I'm happy with the output water being clear.

This drives you crazy and wastes a ton of water with evertime you start and stop the pump it goes thru an un-necessary priming cycle.

Any way to go straight to high speed without the prime?

Setting Priming Features
1. Press Menu.
2. Use Down arrow to scroll to “Priming” and press Select.
3. The factory default is set to priming “Enabled“. To disable, press Select.
4. Press Enter if you have changed the setting - this will save the selection.

Also see this page.

http://www.solarsouthwestflorida.com/turn-off-priming-with-pentair-intelliflo-variable-speed-pump/

Hi,
The VF doesn't have the enable/disable setting. The video you posted was for a VS. I can't find anyway to disable the priming in the VF.

They do make things complicated. I think that you could do what you want with "Manual", "Backwash", or "Vacuum" mode. The manual has instructions on how to use these modes. You can also change the priming settings such as speed and duration.

Mine doesn't prime during those cycles. What drives me nuts is I can't turn off the requirement for rinse. I don't have a rinse setting on my valve. What I do for that problem is shorten the backwash time and use the rinse for 1 minute as more time on the backwash. Then I move my valve back to normal. But, I don't know why yours primes during those cycles. Strange.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.