Cutting a solar cover

DONNIE

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
OKLAHOMA
Hey guys! This is my first year with the new pool. We have been heating it up on weekends from 75ish to 84ish and loosing all that heat thru the week. So....I bought a solar cover yesterday. Any tips for cutting to size? I have a small waterfall that falls into about a 2' radius on one corner. Should I cut out for that or let it run on top of the cover? I just want to do it right the first time without screwing it up. There is a pic of it in this thread.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=195

Donnie

Hi Donnie,

I just cut mine to size a few weeks ago and I just used a pair of sharp scissors. Didn't even have to "cut"...just slid them along the cover and sliced the excess off. I put the cover on the pool and then folded the cover up the wall about an inch or so and cut there. That way I still had material to make adjustments if I happened to cut to short somewhere else.
Not sure about the waterfall. I would assume you would cut around it so the water goes into the pool.

Good luck.

Bruce

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.