iAqualink and PDA

Flips

Feb 14, 2014
York, SC
I have a new pool that was setup with iAqualink and a PDA. The PDA appears to be the main controller and the app on iPad or iPhone only allows me to do basic things. I contacted iAqualink and asked why I couldn't control my pool as I see in their app example on-line (set up programs, one touch controls, pump speeds, etc) they came back and told me I would need an RS chip in order to make this work. I asked about whether or not I would need to replace the board and they said no.

My questions is, what kind of job is it to replace a chip? Is it as simple as taking off the board, removing the old chip and installing this one - much like a chip on a PC motherboard? Or, is there some additional programming and stuff that has to be done.

Just make sure that whoever you get the chip from includes the tool to remove the (current) chip. Then it is just a matter of lining up the flat corner in the socket. I do know that the PDA has its own chip designation so it can talk to the MB. You may loose function of the PDA with this U/G. It has been so long since i have had to replace a chip, so you really should call Jandy back and ask about the PDA side of this.

Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.