Controlling Jandy Valves with iAqualink

Dixit

Jul 16, 2012
Duluth, GA (ATL)
Right now I have a setup (as shown in my signature) where my main pump/filter/swcg are all shared by the pool and spa. So when I switch to SPA mode the return/supplys automatically change over as designed.

Now I have popup floor cleaners as my main return, I don't really have any other returns besides the venturi jet that is on the Leaf B Gone.

Im looking to basically put a new variable speed pump in to my setup (instead of the current 2hp pump). Now issue is that when its on normal mode, Im probably going to have to run it near full tilt as the popup heads require 15psi of pressure just to pop up and function, too low Im assuming it wont even lift up.

So what I wanted to do was basically add another automated Jandy valve on the floor cleaner valve (picture below shows my return side piping). Basically have it so when I run it in ultra low mode basically shut off that floor cleaner side. It will then divert all the water in the return labeled Pool Return on the picture (which is actually just the venturi jet on the Leaf B Gone).

I know on the iAqualink (which im very familiar with) can be setup to do schedules and I can set it probably to have the pump run full tilt for say 1hr or so to help clean the pool floor and what not, then after that go into low power mode for say 12-16hrs (haven't decided that yet). But Id need it to shut the floor cleaner valve.

Im not sure if I can setup the iAqualink to save active a valve based on say an aux device? I have about 3 open AUXs that I could use to maybe trigger this Jandy valve but not sure how to do that.

Essentially would also like to do the same with the waterfall/pool return valve shown. Id like to put one there so via the phone I can just turn the waterfall on/off without having to walk half way around the house to turn that on while we in the pool.

Let me know what you all know about this or how to do it. Thanks

Dixit

returnsl.jpg

Looks like I partly found my own answer. Looking at the Assign JVA looks like I can assign a JVA to an Aux button (even if nothing is connected to it).

8i52.png

What I don't get is why it thinks the SOLAR is used, I don't have a Solar heat setup. I only have two JVAs (Suction and Return only for the shared spa/pool setup). Be nice if I could assign that one to another Aux and use that for say my Waterfall. But doesn't seem like it, not sure why it thinks its used when the port is clearly un-used on the board, unless its not possible to assign that JVA.

Then I guess Id have to use one of these JVA relay board kit to do the waterfall I guess. Use that to probably assign an Aux and have it trigger the valve off an open Aux port.

Guess I might need to now buy 2 JVAs (one for my waterfall setup), one Relay kit, the variable speed pump. Then need to setup the schedule to go full tilt on the pool for at least 1hr to get the popup heads to clean the pool and lift the debris to the top and let the skimmers pick up what it needs to, then set it on the other XX hrs to just my Leaf B Gone output at the lowest amount I can. Hopefully I can set it low enough to where the venturi nozzle on that leaf B gone can handle the output as well as doesn't set the Aquapure Ei to a no flow condition.

Dixit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.