Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi, from SOuthern NJ

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi, from SOuthern NJ

I have been lurking and finally joined.
    I have grown up w/ pools and had one installed about 5 yrs ago, so I am not such a newbie.
    Its a VanBrill pool, 30k gal, gunite, nothing too frilly.

The kids are really starting to get their use out of it...so it is starting to pay off!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi, from SOuthern NJ

Hi buckrogers71,

Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP, Buck!!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi, I'm also in South Jersey.

Sue

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome from another NJ ite. So how many people live near the ocean and don't go to the beach, but have a pool.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

6. Back To Top    #6

shore, where in SJ, Glassboro here.

if i lived closer to the beach I prolly wouldnt have a pool. I am about an hr give or take from Sea Isle, Ocean City etc.

7. Back To Top    #7

Toms River, don't care for the crowds/parking/traffic. Grew up on the shore, and used to go to the beach (walk) when I was younger. Its changed allot over the years.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

8. Back To Top    #8

Beach is fun sometimes but is cold well into the summer and then we have jelly fish and flies.... not to mention a mouthful of salt water. We have lots of good rivers to play in nearby also; for the last few years, I've done more of that than the ocean.

I'm in Haddonfield, an hour+ from the shore. Got the pool when I bought the house. I intended to remove it but since it seemed to be in working order, I thought I'd try using it -- and I love it!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Shorelover
    Beach is fun sometimes but is cold well into the summer and then we have jelly fish and flies.... not to mention a mouthful of salt water. We have lots of good rivers to play in nearby also; for the last few years, I've done more of that than the ocean.

I'm in Haddonfield, an hour+ from the shore. Got the pool when I bought the house. I intended to remove it but since it seemed to be in working order, I thought I'd try using it -- and I love it!
    mmmmmm....haddonfield 8) with that being said, hows the resturant, Tre Famigilia? I won a G.C there and was curious if it is worth the price of a babysitter

10. Back To Top    #10

I hate to say it, but since I just moved here, I haven't been in that one yet. It's supposed to be good and is the next one on my list. The others in town are all pretty good. So yeah, go and enjoy!

Or just drop that little 'ol GC off here....

Sue