Polaris 9300 or Tigershark QC - please help me to decide

Milan

Feb 4, 2014
Hi,

I have narrowed my choice of pool cleaners to Polaris 9300 (Zodiac V3) or Tigershark QC.
I almost decided on the Polaris 9300 but I read on this forum that it doesn't collect dust - and it seems that dust will be an issue in my pool.
That is the only thing stopping me. I also read a few negative issues about the Tigershark's reliability. I would appreciate any assistance in helping to decide between these two cleaners.

Can you enhance the Polaris filter with some sort of finer mesh: eg like a skimmer sock?

Pool details:
55,000 L Pool - bean shaped.
Small particles and dust will be more of an issue than large leaves.
Viron P320 - Hurclon SWC with class sand filter.

Kindest regards,
Milan.

( PS I haven't considered more expensive models - as I am unsure how long these robotic cleaners last.)

Hi Milan - I have the Polaris 9300 and it has a very fine mesh collector in it. It's what came with the cleaner when I bought it at Leslie's, I'm not sure if it's different than standard collectors or not. We live in Oklahoma with lots of blowing red dirt getting into the pool and I think this cleaner does a good job at vacuuming the fine dust once it settles to the bottom, as well as the big leaves we get. I would almost call it silt when it's in the strainer and I have to blow the hose through from the outside to wash it out of the mesh - it's very fine. I don't have experience with the Tigershark QC to compare to, though, sorry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.