Light Niche/fixture issue?

schoolpoolboy

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 24, 2013
San Diego
I have, what I think is a typical 115v pool light system. It takes a "flood light" style bulb.

I broke the existing bulb trying to remove it, as it was corroded. It took some doing but I was able to salvage receptacle.

My question is. Can I replace with a standard "flood light"? If so, what wattage?

Also, The lens says "submerge light before turning on". Does that mean one shouldn't/can't test light(un-submerged) prior to lens assembly? even if only for a few seconds?

I assume this "warning to submerge", is to prevent overheating and or breaking of bulb or lens or both?.... right?

You can try it for a brief moment out of water. You are right it is for cooling purposes.

I am not sure about bulb size. There are many 300 or 500 watt pool bulbs typically. I think I have read a few posts about people just using regular flood bulbs. Try a search maybe ...

You can try it for a brief moment out of water. You are right it is for cooling purposes.

I am not sure about bulb size. There are many 300 or 500 watt pool bulbs typically. I think I have read a few posts about people just using regular flood bulbs. Try a search maybe ...
Yeah I always try search before bugging someone, I just didn't trust the info I found on the subject and thought best to go somewhere I do trust, I think I'll go with a $10 Depot 500 watter, Instead of giving Leslies $20 for same bulb?
Thanks for your help jbiz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.