Pool Cover Question

Jun 12, 2012
Escondido, CA.
Spring is coming and my pool temp is finally on the rise again..

Over the winter I bought a solar cover just to keep all the junk out of the pool while it was not in use...and only running the filter at night.

But watching the temp come up it got me to thinking If I were to run a slow circulation during the day I might be able to warm the pool quicker due to mixing.

I'm thinking just enough to pull some of the water that's down at the bottom (I'm using a bottom creeper) and give it a chance to warm up at the top of the pool at the solar cover

Good Idea.. or not

THX

Running the pump would have a very minor impact on the pool temperature on the whole. The sun is still giving the pool the same amount of energy ... you would just be mixing the water to be a uniform temp instead of high right by the blanket.

Actually, if you have low to no wind and not very low humidity, you get more heating from the sun without a cover on at all. The cover really is just preventing heat loss to evaporation and radiation (when the air is cool).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.