New Pool and Deck Build in Benson, NC

I have found Behr to be the best all around and price is reasonable. Forget Thompson, overpriced and does not last. We have had 4 fences 2 decks thru the years and usually will stain clear. Then after a while the wood will grey some so we switch to a pigment stain. Last to ad is buy it in the 5gal pail for a more cost effective price. Hope some of this helps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice work. The deck really completes the installation.

You'll want to keep a decent barrier between the pool and vegetation that could grow under the liner.

Thanks Josh! After scouring the forum looking at photos, I think I will put a two foot wide barrier of river rock with landscape fabric underneath all the way around the pool. Hopefully the only maintenance will be an occasional spray of weed killer in and around the rocks.

Awesome! Can't wait to get ours done! Hubby and I have been so busy that we only get 2 days to work on it and we're not the fastest workers because we end up arguing more than anything and taking a dip to cool off! :mrgreen: We didn't get to work on it last weekend because I had to move my mom and daughter but come Sunday, we should be ready to rock n roll along with some rumbling, I am sure. :hammer: :lol:

Thanks, Yukon Jack... we are loving the pool so far.
Very nice - bet you're getting a lot of enjoyment from the deck and pool!

Bobodog, that's an interesting tip for the banana trees. That would most certainly create a tropical theme and provide a little bit of shade as well.
Man that looks awesome. I have banana trees around for landscaping. They ad a nice tropical theme. Very hardy. They die off after first frost but come back bigger n better every year

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.