LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In this thread I'd like to show you a few new "features" on the new software. vBulletin offers many new options that were unavailable to us before, and I'd like to share how to use them. One of the first features is to create a poll in your thread.

1. Start off by creating a new topic just as you would before. A quick description of the options you wish for members to "vote" on is a good idea to include in the post.

12590781105_6fe628d673_c.jpg

2. Next scroll down to the "Additional Options" and select to "Post a Poll" and select the box. Enter in how many options you wish to have the members vote on, then hit Submit New Thread.

12590890223_58c523871e_c.jpg

3. Now you will be taken to a page to post your poll. On this page you will enter a title for the poll, your options, and how many day's you wish to leave the poll up for voting. Once these fields are filled out hit Submit New Poll.

12590778675_ff73af3d92_c.jpg

Your end post will look like this, ready for members to vote on your topic. :cool:

12591161845_0225ba2320_c.jpg

Another handy little tip contains a few keyboard shortcuts on vBulletin......

Ctrl-A (Select All)
Ctrl-Z (Undo)
Ctrl-B (Bold)
Ctrl-I (Italic)
Ctrl-U (Underline)
Ctrl-L (Url)

One other handy little "trick" vBulletin allows for is the ability to easily hyperlink your text.

[url=troublefreepool.com]This Text[/url] will become This Text

1. Copy the URL of the page you wish to link towards
  2. Type the words that you wish to display.
  3. Highlight the words you wish to turn into a link
  4. Click The Link button (looks like a globe kinda thingy)
  5. Paste the URL in the box

This did not work for me from the Quick Reply. Is it only good in the Advanced Editor?

If the browser you are using uses the Alt-S for something else, then it won't post. For example, FireFox uses the Alt-S to open the history tab, thus it won't work for you. If this is what's occurring for you, try

Alt-Shift-S for posting

Some members are slowly coming out of their winter hibernation and seeing vBulletin for the first time. Many are having an issue with a feature that the software has in hiding old posts. Many users enjoy having the older posts hidden, however many would rather see everything. To change this setting simply change this option.......

Settings > Default Settings > Default Thread Age Cut Off

Change that to a longer period of time to show older posts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.