Jandy aquapure SWCG help

Romeo

Jun 27, 2008
Hello there,
Newbie here, any help greatly appreciated. Getting an service error code of 172 and 185 on Jandy aquapure 1400 swcg. Everything has worked fine for about 2yrs until now. From what get its some kind of flow error according to Jandy manual. I have cleaned cell and sensor to no avail.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like you may be needing a new trisensor (flow meter) you can call tech services to discuss. They usually tell you to clean the flow meter water contacts with a green 3m pad and also to use diluted acid, although I forget the concentration. I've been through a few of them, along with other components. I'm suspicious that lightning surges don't due these units any favors.

Just a few days ago my aquapure was showing a 123 service code, which I think means clean the cell or check for DC wiring problems. My PB came out visually checked the cell (no problems) and ended replaced the main circuit board in the aquapure on the spot. No more problems.

I know there were some problems with the front board about a year or two ago when they first took over the Clormatic line. I'm not sure that they were giving off the error codes in the 170's and 180's. I'd call your service people or try the Jandy help line, maybe they can give you some insight.

Thanks for the post. We have had the same problem with Jandy Aquapure 1400 and tried everything the manual suggested and still got the 123 code. Decided to look at the circuit boards and found two blackened diodes on the board. Ordered a new part for $98 and will let you know if this fixes our problem. We would have never checked the circuit board without your posted information. Thanks again! :super: :super:

Another Newbie here! I too am pretty much having the same problems (jandy aquapure 1400). It just started end of last week. Service light went up w/ code 172. So I cleaned the cell ( had alot of buildup) put it back on and another service code 181 popped up. So I went to the local Leslies to ask questions & tested the water told me to call jandy and also that I needed conditioner. Then I added the conditioner 8 lbs(21,000 gal pool). Called Jandy and they said it ment the same thing. So I took the flow sensor off cleaned it with scratch pad put it back together and nothing!!!! Today the add salt light went on. Whats next??? Is there another way to fix this or do I have to come out the pocket $200???

If you determine that you indeed need a new trisensor, shop around on line, you should find it cheaper than $200. Also you'll see them on ebay. I think A1Poolparts has the Clormatic III sensor for around $140. It is the same as the Jandy aquapure sensor but for some reason it sells for less. I put one in mine and it works well. If you have cover off your electrical box for the Aquapure, you'll notice the circuit boards have Chlormatic III printed on them. Jandy just puts their name on the new box and sensor. Altough Jandy did redesign the cell now to include the sensor in a port in the cell. Makes the plumbing job easier.

mcvicker said:
Another Newbie here! I too am pretty much having the same problems (jandy aquapure 1400). It just started end of last week. Service light went up w/ code 172. So I cleaned the cell ( had alot of buildup) put it back on and another service code 181 popped up. So I went to the local Leslies to ask questions & tested the water told me to call jandy and also that I needed conditioner. Then I added the conditioner 8 lbs(21,000 gal pool). Called Jandy and they said it ment the same thing. So I took the flow sensor off cleaned it with scratch pad put it back together and nothing!!!! Today the add salt light went on. Whats next??? Is there another way to fix this or do I have to come out the pocket $200???

I happened to have a second Aquapure system that I borrowed the tri sensor out of when I was having the same error codes and issues you're having.
For what it's worth the tri sensor apparently isn't the problem since it didn't fix anything for me. I also had a new cell that I tried out and no joy there either.

I'm in a situation where I can't afford down time so I ended up cutting the Aquapure system out and replacing it.
Maybe you're solution won't be as drastic as mine was. I never had any trouble with the Aquapure before this for what it's worth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.