New Pool Build -- Pearland, TX

Yakag97

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 9, 2014
Pearland, TX
We pulled the trigger on a pool. I've been visiting the forum for the past month (or so) and have learned a whole bunch. Now I want to share my build progress. I placed the general specs in my signature.

The dig kicked off on Feb 14 so more pictures will soon follow.

Attachments

• Unsaved Preview Document.jpg
    Unsaved Preview Document.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 621
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 625
Well the dig and the gunite took place in a two day period. All went well except the 8' spa is turned out to be 9'. I wanted big but not that big. My wife points out that the kids will love the 'mini-pool' all year long. If this is the only issue, great! Will load more pics soon when time permits.

Forgive my ignorance, so maybe the experienced can offer some insight, but I don't understand how things like a spa can accidentally end up 1 foot larger. I've a couple other examples. I few inch difference, I can understand, but a whole foot?

Don't they paint the outline on the ground first, using measurements?
Don't they then measure when making rebar placement to get the right dimensions of all the walls?
You would think they'd take more measurements just to be sure before spraying the gunite. (Measure twice, gunite once, so to speak).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok… kept trying to attach photos and then realized the error message was due to the size. Here is a link to pool photos on Flickr. Hopefully this works.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80544338@N00/sets/72157641144436833/

- - - Updated - - -

We selected our coping and decking today. Should have taken a picture.
Coping: Walnut Travertine
Waterline Tile: MasterTile FLOAFRCAP6
1" tile for rolled spa edge: MasterTile MAS BMX 100

In the one picture my son was "snow boarding" down the hill. Later I caught him attempting to "snow board" down a little slide into the hole using scrap wooden board. Caught his shirt before he really caught some air (or before he busted his head).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.