EasyTouch Automation panel and landscape lighting?

HX_Guy

Nov 13, 2013
Does anyone know if and how a landscape lighting transformer can be connected to one of the circuits on the EasyTouch panel to be controlled via the panel/smartphone app?

Most transformers I've seen have a 120V plug (either plug in or direct wire) and no other control (they usually use a built in timer or photocell). Are there transformers that have a wire to connect to an external controller (EasyTouch in this case)?

Thanks for any help.

Hardwired transformers are fairly easy to find, at least mail order. Big box hardware stores tend to focus on transformers with plugs, but even there most places will have hardwired options as well. It is also possible to wire the output of one of the EasyTouch relays to an outlet box and plug the transformer in there.

Thanks Jason. I actually went outside and took the cover off the panel. If I'm looking at it right, I should be able to just hardwire the transformer to one of the AUX relays and that's that, seems pretty straightforward, right? Exactly the same way that the pool light is wired to the relay already.

Or I should be able to rewire that GFI outlet that's already there to the relay and then plug the transformer into the outlet, but I don't really see the advantage to that.

wiring.jpg

Our plumber/electrician hardwired our low voltage transformer into one of the aux relays in our iaqualink panel. It can now be controlled through the iphone app. I would assume your panel would be similar.

HX_Guy

Our PB mentioned landscape lighting could be wired into the panel and set up on a run schedule. If you don't mind could you post some photos of your project?

Thanks Jason. I actually went outside and took the cover off the panel. If I'm looking at it right, I should be able to just hardwire the transformer to one of the AUX relays and that's that, seems pretty straightforward, right? Exactly the same way that the pool light is wired to the relay already.

Or I should be able to rewire that GFI outlet that's already there to the relay and then plug the transformer into the outlet, but I don't really see the advantage to that
Either of those should be fine.

In principal you want a GFI on landscaping lights, even though GFI is only minimally effective on transformers, so if you aren't using that outlet for anything else that might be the best/simplest approach, but again either way will be fine (unless you have a prickly inspector who requires a GFI).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.