Polaris 280 Newbie Question

Sep 17, 2013
DFW metroplex
So we just invested a lot of money to put this hole in the ground and I have a dumb question. The Polaris 280 seems to be doing the job cleaning the pool, however, it seems to be at a weird angle all the time - the front end is tipped forward and the back never touches the bottom. Is that normal and if not how do I fix it?

So we just invested a lot of money to put this hole in the ground and I have a dumb question. The Polaris 280 seems to be doing the job cleaning the pool, however, it seems to be at a weird angle all the time - the front end is tipped forward and the back never touches the bottom. Is that normal and if not how do I fix it?

Try sliding the football shaped float forward a little bit.

Mine does this now but for the most part usually when it's idle. But it didn't the first 2.5 years or so of using the 280. I've tried adjusting the float but it does not help. I also replaced the float and it did not help. I've assumed there is air trapped somewhere but after taking it apart I don't know where the air could be trapped. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.