Blue Square Q360 opinions

Feb 14, 2014
Texas
Hi,

I am in the process of building a 18x33 rectangular pool and have the option to upgrade from a legend platinum, cleaner, booster pump and 2hp pentair whisper flo to a Blue Square q360 floor cleaner and variable 2.5 pentair whisper flo pump for $3000.

First, is this worth the cost and any feedback on the Blue Square floor cleaner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't think that it is worth it.

A 2.0 WhisperFlo would be way too big for that pool. Assuming that the plumbing and system are properly designed, and that you don't have any special need for high flow, I think that you could go with a 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump. The 1/2 HP WhisperFlo will perform about as well a 1.0 HP SuperPump.

If you have high electrical costs, a two-speed or variable speed pump might be a good option. The IntelliFlo is the variable speed WhisperFlo. It is a good pump if you can get it for a reasonable price. However, for your pool, I don't think the IntelliFlo would be the best choice. I think a lower cost two speed or variable speed pump would probably be a better choice.

Also, I don't think that in-floor cleaners do a very good job.

I am having my pool built with this system also. I won't know for a couple of months on how it performs until the pool is finished. These systems have come a long way and the performance is dependent on the pool builder following the layout that blue square supplied to them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.