Whisperflo Impeller has a mushroom end ??

Apr 18, 2013
All,
I'm rebuilding / resealing my whisperflo pool pump and after taking the impeller seal off I noticed that the impeller has a mushroom end. It looks like it may have been rubbing on the seal??

What do you guys think, is this going to be an issue if I just pop a new seal in it ??

Thanks,
LarryF_In_So_Cal

I think that is just the ceramic end of the seal that is stuck to the impeller. You should be able to remove it.

Re: Whisperflo Impeller has a mushroom end ?? -- Green impeller work?

All,

I'm getting ready to re-seal my pump. I have a friend who runs a pool cleaning business and he happened to give me a new impeller.

I'm wondering if it will work with my pump. I have a Whisperflo WFE-4 with a 1 HP motor. The impeller that I'm replacing is black, the one from my friend is green, and has larger water openings. See picture below.

Does anyone know what size impeller this is? and can it work with my 1 HP motor?

what would happen if I were to use it? Could I ruin my motor? And or would the water flow be reduced?

Please let me know.

Are there any part numbers stamped on it?

No, I checked with super strong flashlight as well ad a magnifying glass, There are no visible markings on this impeller. It is however, a greenish tan color.

Thanks,

LarryF_In_So_Cal

Unless it exactly matched the existing impeller, I wouldn't use it.

You can post a set of complete dimensions and someone may be able to tell you what it actually came off of.
Outer Diameter
Hub diameter
Suction ring ID
Suction ring OD
Vane width
Etc.

The vane width of the impeller on the left appears to be larger than the one on the right which means it came from a larger pump on a larger motor so would likely overdrive the current motor. The diameters are about the same which means max head is about the same but that is typical for a pump line. Usually, only the smallest pump in the line (3/4 FRHP) has a smaller diameter impeller and a lower maximum head.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.