DFW pool remodel

sammm

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2007
F-V, NC
We are about to start on a face lift for our pool. The pool was here when we bought the house, but we think it's probably from the mid 90's.

We are going to demo and rebuild the waterfall, resurface with WetEdge Satin Matrix Kiwi Tropical, new coping using Oklahoma flagstone, new waterline tile and we are adding a tanning ledge by extending the top step out.

Pool is draining today and demo starts tomorrow.

I've attached a picture of the new pool surface and waterline tile.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 242
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 240
Preparing for and installing new water line tile, and starting new waterfall.

Attachments

• tile1.jpg
    tile1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 182
  • tile2.jpg
    tile2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 183
  • tile4.jpg
    tile4.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 182
  • tile5.jpg
    tile5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 183
WetEdge Satin Matrix Kiwi Tropical

That must be a new color. I couldn't find it on their website. :scratch:

I like the Irish Crème in that series, and wish there was an installer here. Nice choice on Wet Edge, I've hear nothing but good about it. Something I like about them is that they have any color you could imagine wanting in a pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Flagstone has all been set, and new waterfall tiled. Stone/tile work should finish up tomorrow, and pool surface prep will start.

Attachments

• wf.jpg
    wf.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 111
  • flag3.jpg
    flag3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 111
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Stone and tile work is complete. I really like the dry-stack stone on the backside of the waterfall...it ties in with the BBQ island in the background.

Tanning ledge is built out and ready for surfacing as well.

Surface prep starts tomorrow and new finish should be applied on Friday.

Attachments

• wf2.jpg
    wf2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 104
  • wf3.jpg
    wf3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 104
  • ledge.jpg
    ledge.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 104
Looking forward to seeing the finish installed. It all looks really nice!

Giving this a second look, I'm wondering about the sharp corners still on either end of the tanning shelf. It's probably going to be addressed, but it caught my attention and thought it worth mentioning.

Thanks Bushpup...a lot of activity the past few days. Clean-up and base coat was applied on Thursday, new finish was applied yesterday. This morning they came and acid washed the pool, and then pressure washed it. Pool is refilling now!

I asked about those corners as well, and they did a great job of rounding them off. No sharp edges.

Only thing left to do is the mastic between the pool deck and the flagstone coping. I know a few folks here on the forum have used Romo's, and I'm another satisfied customer of theirs!

The sun is washing the color out right now. I'll take one later this evening that will better show the colors.

Attachments

• prep.jpg
    prep.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 72
  • plaster.jpg
    plaster.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 71
  • final.jpg
    final.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 71
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.