The Pool Cleaner by Poolvergnuegen (2 Wheel vs 4 Wheel)

Nick's Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2014
Naples, FL
Hello All,

I've decided that I am going to order The Pool Cleaner suction side and I've read the differences for 2 wheel vs 4 wheel and it seems that the 4 wheel is designed for larger pools and a depth greater than 7 feet. However, I was talking to a representative and they said that because I have a Pebble Tec finish, I should go with the 4 wheel version and I didn't know if that was accurate? Any one have any opinions on that?

Thanks!

I had not heard that before ... not sure why the pebble vs plaster would make that much of a difference? Maybe the stones have a lower friction than plaster and thus it would move better with 4 wheels?

For your size pool, the 4 wheel certainly seems like overkill. How much of a price difference is there?

I think it's overkill as well because it's not like I have a huge pool. As far as price, if I went with the standard white model, only a $30 difference, however, if I go with the limited edition gray, it's $100. I was leaning towards the two wheel limited edition gray since I have a darker finish and the price is similiar, but for the 4 wheel model, I'm not paying an extra $100 just for the color.

Think I should just go with the 2 wheeler or does the 4 wheel model "perform" better?

Thanks

The problem is I doubt anyone has used both to offer a performance comparison.
Nor has anyone likely had the 2 wheel in both a plaster and pebble pool to see if it made a difference ... ideally you would want it to be the SAME pool/equipment with just a surface difference.

The one with the longer hose length is made for larger pools. Skip all the color choices and pick the one with enough hose length to comfortably reach the furthest point from the suction intake. I'm pretty sure the 2-wheeler is a bit shorter in hose length but I can't remember.

This is only a 7500 gallon pool ... so likely the 2 wheel has more than enough hose.
Again, I have no idea why they would recommend a 4 wheel model in a small pool just because of the pebble finish.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.