Endless Pool or not

Feb 13, 2014
Dallas Texas
My husband and I are planning on selling our home with pool and building a new home on our property, which is 5 miles away just outside the city limits.

He has been trying to talk me into installing an Endless Pool instead of a new in-ground pool and here are some of his arguments and mine. Does anyone have any experiences they could share with owning an Endless Pool, either pro or con?

1. I'm usually the only one using the pool.
2. I use the existing pool only in the summer.
3. I use the pool for exercise so I swim laps. (Can't get too far when you only have 35' to swim)
4. Cost of maintaining a pool is high year around. $160 / month
5. Total cost of installing a new pool is much more than an Endless Pool.
6. I will be able to exercise year around.

My fears are:
1. I will get bored if I have an Endless Pool because I will be swimming one direction.
2. The pool will get too hot in the Texas summer heat.
3. No place to dive into cold water when it's 110 degrees.
4. A cool pool in the summer feels awesome!
5. Since the pool will be indoors, I won't get any sunshine on my skin. I'm not a tanner, but I know sunlight is important for Vitamin D.

Thank you! :p

As to the heat there are pool heat pumps that both heat and cool. You might also consider an endless pool / swim spa that is built like an oversized hot tub instead of the more traditional built in / in ground endless pool models, that way if you don't like it you can sell it and put in a traditional pool.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.