Pool cleaner running by itself

Feb 12, 2014
Coppell, TX
I have an aqualink rs control system. I noticed over the last couple of days that after the program ended for the day (and the main pump turned off) that the cleaner was running. This appears to happen at the same time each day. I have no idea if it is happening at any other times or not. No lights were on for AUX1 (cleaner) or the main pool pump. I went outside and the cleaner pump was running, but nothing else. Same thing at the control center, no lights. I switched to service mode, it turned off and then to time out mode and it stayed off. As soon as I turned it back to auto, the cleaner pump started up once again no lights on the controller.

I reviewed the programs and confirmed there are no overlapping programs of AUX1 and none are outside the window of the main pump.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

We had pool lights mysteriously going on and it turned out to be the spa side controller going bad. The spa side controller had been programmed to turn on pool and spa lights. The test for that is to bypass the spa side controller. Our pool was about the same age as yours I think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.