Looking for build pics for a blog article!

PSW

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hey all, as many of you know, I work with PoolSupplyWorld. I am really excited because I recently got a promotion to Director of Content Marketing. In the past, my responsibilities included only social media channels, but now I will also have a lot on influence on our blog content.

One thing I would like to test out is showcasing some pics/stories from pool builds (preferably from breaking ground all the way to completion). I think our readers would be inspired by it. And I can't think of a better place than TFP to find these builds. Along with the images, it would be great to do a short interview with the homeowner (over email or PM is fine), so that I could include things like 'what was the most challenging part, what did you learn along the way, etc.'

Note: I've already spoken to Dave about this idea, and gotten his permission to reach out to the community. I know I could go through the different 'my pool build' threads and reach out to people individually, but felt this kind of post was less intrusive.

The article would be written and sent for your review before ever posting it to our blog. Once it's been approved, I would promote the blog article on our other social media channels (including to our 80K Facebook fans). I would also be happy to put a link back to TFP in each article, which would likely drive some new users.

As compensation for your time, I'm sure we could work something out. I could provide you with a TF-100 re-fill kit, or a TF-100 kit if you don't already have one, or something similar.

If you have pictures and a build story you would be willing to share, feel free to shoot me a PM. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Happy swimming!

You can use mine if you'd like. I'm taking pics every day any progress is made...I haven't made it to gunite yet.

Click on mine in my sig line and feel free to use it if you like. My dog is in it, and he loves publicity. :D
Excellent! Really awesome pool, and good looking dog! Mind if I PM you a few basic questions...and also feel free to let me know what I can do/give you in return :)

- - - Updated - - -

You can use mine if you'd like. I'm taking pics every day any progress is made...I haven't made it to gunite yet.
Sounds good! Do you have a link to the pics somewhere? Or do you want to email them to me - blake (at) poolsupplyworld (dot) com? It's okay with me if gunnite is not done yet. We could always to a followup post down the road :)

Thank you Blake! Feel free to PM any time. Not worried about any compensation just yet, perhaps in the future. Thank you however for the generous offer.
Great! I will spend some time going through the full thread and see if there's anything else I have questions about. Will be in touch next week!

BlakeJ

If you need another one, here is the link to the pictures. Its not done yet
Sounds good! Same as above! It's okay with me if it's not completed yet. Could make for a cool follow-up post down the road :)

I'm currently keeping track of our build as well.

Feel free to use what you want.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ston-(Cypress)
Excellent! Same as above :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are just starting out and have run into troubles before breaking ground. Our build is still in the future, but are happy to contribute if i fits with what you're looking for.
Hey, sorry to hear about your troubles thus far, but think it could be a great opportunity to educate people about the challenges that come with building a pool! Let's link up over PM and discuss further.

Hi Blake - if you are interested in pool renovations, let me know! We're mid-reno (should have completed 1.17 but weather is killing us) and I have a ton of pics on in my Flickr photostream. I can PM you details if you'd like.
Sure! PM me link to Flickr and details! :)

Here are some pics of mine and a time lapse video :)
Sweet! Will check them out today! Videos are always super-engaging, and time-lapse ones are even better!

Congrats on your promotion! I'm glad to help as well-Feel free to use anything from both Pool Build (link in sig) or ODK.
Gorgeous build! And LOVE your outdoor kitchen! Will certainly get this one in the queue. There are a ton of builds in line, and I want to spread them out at least once per week. But I will let you know the schedule when I know more!

You can use mine as well, I have some other completed pictures too! Feel free to PM me!

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/53895-new-pool-we-have-finally-started!-some-pictures!
Great! I don't think I've gotten any vinyl liner ones...so this is a perfect fit!

Very nice! Will get this in queue as well!

We just started ours and you can PM me if you have Questions,
Will do! Would be very interested to learn more about your experience with pebble-tec if you go that route!

I'd be willing to participate. Another vinyl liner install. A little unique in that the pool is away from the house. A "destination pool" as another member here likes to call it. Lots of pics in my build thread (link in sig).
Excellent! We've got quite the queue built up, but would gladly write an article about your pool! I will send you PM when we get a little farther down the line! In the mean time, please let me know if there anything I can do for ya! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.