Post Water Change.......Can't reset salt system ("Low Salt...OFF" msg keeps flashing)

Feb 10, 2014
Carlsbad, CA
Post Water Change.......Can't reset salt system ("Low Salt...OFF" msg keeps flashing)

Brand new user to this site, so please bear with me. Hopefully I picked the right spot to post this question. I have a 20K gallon salt pool, just did my first complete water change (after 4.5 years). As part of the process, I also thoroughly cleaned both filters and did an acid dip on my salt cell, which looks pretty good now. After refilling the whole pool and turning everything back on, the digital screen on my salt system just keeps flashing the same message: "Low Salt.......OFF". I've read the manual, but can't seem to figure out how to reset the system. I've tested the water and it's looking good (and the pool looks good as well). I just can't find a way to reset this.......the manual even states that it's common for it to happen after a water change, but I just don't want to damage my equipment or do anything to hurt the pool either. Any advice? Thanks.

Re: Post Water Change.......Can't reset salt system ("Low Salt...OFF" msg keeps flash

Welcome to TFP!

What is your salt level in the pool now?

Re: Post Water Change.......Can't reset salt system ("Low Salt...OFF" msg keeps flash

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Out of curiosity ... why did you replace all the water?
Did you add salt back in? (maybe a silly question ;) )

We recommend you do not turn on the SWG for at least 24 hours after adding salt as the fluctuating slat levels while it dissolves can be bad for the SWG.

Sorry for the delayed response, wanted to have all my current results to share.
Salt level - 3500 (ideal for intellichlor says 3400)
Total Alkalinity - 130 (ideal 80-120)
pH - 8.0 (ideal 7.2 - 7.8)
Calcium Hardness - 200 (ideal 200-400)
Cyanuric Acid - 60 (ideal 60-99)

Pool was almost 5 years old, had never done any water change up to that point. Was being told it was time to do the change as the levels were falling out of the optimal range, despite chemicals. I did not turn on the system for 24 hours afterwards, still getting this message despite these readings.

What test kit are you using and where you see those recommended levels as they do not match what we recommend (although close)?

We also do not recommend changing out water except for 2 reasons, high CH or high CYA. And even then no need to replace it all.

I am not sure why you SWG is not running though, sorry. Is there a reset?

Getting the readings from Leslie's pools.
That's my problem, the system just keeping saying "Low salt....off". No reset and can't find a thing in the manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.