Water in standpipe

savagesix

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
New Mexico
I was doing the monthly rounds yesterday, checking on the winter status of all the pool equipment. Took off the skimmer lid to see if anything exciting was going on in there.

There was water in the standpipe. I am in NM so we do get freezing weather and all the equipment does get winterized. I went and opened the basket lid on the pump and that is dry.

This is the second winter that we have had the pool after installation. First winter the PB did the winterizing with me in attendance taking notes and helping. This winter I did it myself. I am DIY type of guy and do my own maintenance.

I did put some RV antifreeze down the standpipe in the winterization process. The water in the standpipe yesterday looks clear.

Should I pour some more antifreeze down it from the pump end? Anything to worry about? I'd rather not be bustin' pipes under the decking two years in.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

J.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.