Mineral Pool Salts

Feb 9, 2014
Australia
Hi there, we have a pool being installed in Melbourne Australia in a few weeks. When we were buying it we like the sound of the Mineral Pool Salts, supposedly making it feel a bit nicer on your skin due to the increased level or magnesium and potassium. Works with existing salt chlorinator...so i am guess it converts these minerals into chlorine?

Now i am not so sure if its a good idea. The brochure is gloosy and fully of marketing stuff and next to no detailed info. I got the guy to throw them in as part of the deal but he did say they were worth about $300 extra. T be honest i would be happy with it just working well with little hassle and expense.

Any thoughts on whether these minerals are worthwhile, or should i tell him to stick with standard salts. I reckon i could get him to swap these fancy salts for a cartridge filter ( i bought sand with glass media).

Also, cool forum, been doing lots of reading, very helpful :)

A tenant of TFPC is not to add anything to your pool you do not need........nor anything that might have an unexpected outcome.

Get your pool water chemistry balanced and maintain it according the the TFPC method in Pool School and you will never look back.

And, no, do not expect them to help convert salt to chlorine......it's all bogus.

Thanks, it all sounded great when I was talking to the pool sale guys, but he did not really push it very hard, but when you look at the product info its all marketing there is no spec...always makes me suspect.

I have asked them to switch the glass media and mineral extras into a cartridge filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.