Easy cleanup

AnnaK

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
Probably you already know this but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I use sodium percarbonate powder in my laundry and for certain cleaning chores around the house. Some people use it when converting a BaquaX pool. It's an excellent compound for cleaning grungy BBQ tools or removing burned on grease from just about anything.

Pizza pans, pie pans and cookie sheets, roasters, oven racks, stove top spill pans - you name it, it'll come clean. I put the item in a large sink (I have an old fashioned laundry sink) or in a bucket, add a couple scoops of sodium percarbonate and hot water and let it soak overnight. The next morning all the baked on, burned on stuff is dissolved and you just wipe the irem clean with a sponge.

Much cheaper than Oxyclean!

I buy it at The Chemistry Store in 2# containers.

Oh, and it removes the odor if your dog happens to get skunked. 1/4 c sodium percarbonate, 1/4 c baking soda, 1 tsp dishwashing liquid, 1 gal water. Apply to dog, leave on for 10 minutes, rinse dog well.

I have this gross baked on layer of unidentified brownish-greyish film on my pool tile. I've tried countless tile cleaners from the pool store, full-strength muriatic acid, and a rust-and-paint stripper attachment for a power drill to remove it. No luck so far.

I'm willing to try anything. Do you think this would make a dent in my film?

Well, I don't know. You could try it on a small area, see if it works. Sodium percarbonate becomes hydrogen peroxide when mixed with water. Since people use it to speed along the conversion process from biguanide to bleach I wouldn't think a small amount would hurt your pool water. Whether it'll do anything for the stain depends on the source of the stain. I've used it on just about anything that I didn't want to use Ajax on.

I just use a thick paste of hot water and baking soda on most grungy stuff. Works great. And baking soda is easier to get. Mix up a thick paste (like peanut butter) and let it sit for a little while. Come back and most grunge rubs right off with a dish sponge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.