Pentair Windows 8 Phone App for Screenlogic Automation

Jan 18, 2014
Las Vegas
This is truly a sad day for all Windows 8 phone users. After talking with the good folks at Pentair, the tech informed me they have no current plans to develop a Windows 8 phone App for the Screenlogic automation system users. I thought maybe we could hold out for awhile before purchasing something else to run our pool/spa equipment, while they developed this App, but doesn't look like there's anything on the horizon. Sure hope the tech is just misinformed and they are looking into creating this App. For now, all I can do is wonder how much longer it will take.

On the bright side, Windows 8 is starting to gain momentum, with Nokia selling 8 million Lumia phones QTR 3 2013 -- beating QTR 2 sales of 7.5 million-- and by all indications that I read, they will continue this trend into the future. This gives me hope it will be sooner, as I truly like the ease of use my phone gives me.

It would be great to get some more support from other Windows 8 phone users here and I encourage you to jump on the bandwagon to get this App for your phone, too. Be it Jandy, Hayward or Pentair automation customers, give them a call and express your desire to have a Windows 8 App for automation. Better yet, put it in writing!

Please note, I’m not knocking Apple or Android I’m sure they’re great for the people that have them. And for those who may ask, yes, I did know when I purchased the Screenlogic there was no App, but if they don’t hear from anyone who wants the App to be created, it may never come to be.

Thanks for any and all support in this matter.

Update for Windows 8 phone users like me.

I found an inexpensive way around this issue. There is an app called PC Remote, it’s free or you can pay $3 for the Pro version, but once installed will allow the user to view their computer screen and operate the Screenlogic program via their Windows 8 phone. Although it’s not the best fix, it does work. The major drawback is, you can not access your computer from another network to operate the Screenlogic program on your home network or at least I have yet to find a way to do so.

Hope this helps out any Windows 8 phone users until Pentair gets their act together and creates an APP.​

A little late to this party, I purchased the Pentair Screenlogic Automation solution. My understanding is it runs in a web browser as well as an app, why not use Internet Explorer on your Windows 8 phone or tablet? It's a regular web browser. Not as convinient as the app as it's not optimized for your screen but should still connect nonetheless . . . am I missing something?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
QingGuy, it may seem that easy, but unfortunately it's not. Computers, tablets and smartphones all have some similar ways they operate on the outside, but they differ in many ways on the inside. I'm pretty sure this is why they created APP's. If you try to download the Screenlogic file into the Windows phone it won't allow it because it the phone does not support that type of file. I'm not sure if it's the same for a tablet, but my guess is, it wouldn't allow it either. I did however have an app that allowed me to view my laptop screen from my phone called, PC Remote. Kind of pain, but it did work. Then a couple months ago my phone had an accident and was replaced with a Galaxy 6. So now I have the Pentair app and it's working great. Even when not at home, like heating the spa before we get home from a night out.

If you have a Windows phone, plan on making adjustments to operate your equipment as Pentair has no plans on creating the App when last I spoke with them.
Now it's time to season my new 18" Weber Smokey Mountain, :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.