Has anyone dealt with bio film (at least I am assuming that is what the white film covering my hot tub was).
I'm sure it's my own fault because I got busy and did not stay on top of the chemisty in the hot tub.
Although it was never without sanitizer, the PH and alkalinity were out of whack. Both quite high.
Last numbers were
What I am wondering is, is this something that can live in an empty hot tub for a period of time?
I'm not sure where I went wrong, it wasn't till I switched to Bromine that I started having issues.
My problem was I was using a chlorine feeder in between using liquid chlorine, just to keep the numbers up but I could not get unstabalized chlorine tablets so the CYA level just kept getting higher. I have an indoor hot tub so didn't really need a CYA level.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.