LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I finally got around to taking a couple pictures so here they are:

href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
3.jpg

href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
4.jpg

Beautiful pool. It's good to see another Round Rock, TX resident on the board. Enjoy the good weather coming (no rain). By the way, I see you have a heater you never use. PBs should come up with a way to keep the water cool. Last year a few neighbors had to go to HEB and buy bags of ice to get their pool water cool. Were you in a similar situation?

rogerbrks said:
Beautiful pool. It's good to see another Round Rock, TX resident on the board. Enjoy the good weather coming (no rain). By the way, I see you have a heater you never use. PBs should come up with a way to keep the water cool. Last year a few neighbors had to go to HEB and buy bags of ice to get their pool water cool. Were you in a similar situation?

I would aerate the water like an evaporative cooler, but now I learn why my TA would drop when doing that ;)

Yes when the water hits the low 90's it is not very refreshing any longer.

rogerbrks said:
PBs should come up with a way to keep the water cool. Last year a few neighbors had to go to HEB and buy bags of ice to get their pool water cool.

Actually there are products out there made to cool off pools.

Glacier Pool Coolers
Pentair Heat Pump (this heat pump has a cooling setting just like a house heat pump would)

EDIT: Sorry, to hi-jack your thread lovingHDTV. end EDIT

lovingHDTV said:
rogerbrks said:

I would aerate the water like an evaporative cooler, but now I learn why my TA would drop when doing that ;)

Yes when the water hits the low 90's it is not very refreshing any longer.

It is such a nice pool. The glass blocks between the pool and spa are interesting and I love the tiles on the steps.

One thing though, your comment about aeration lowering TA. Generally, aeration shouldn't really affect your TA. Aeration raises pH. You use aeration to raise your pH when you are in the process of using acid to lower your TA. The process, when your Alk & your pH is high, you add acid which will lower your pH to 7.2 and your TA will also lower, then aerate to raise your pH which will hold your TA. You then repeat the acid treatment to further lower your TA, which will lower your pH again, so you aerate again to raise the pH again. Repeating as often as necessary to lower the TA to within the range.

I wish now, that I had marked the edge of my steps with tile as you did.
You can debate the attractiveness of that addition but, you can't debate the practicality.
It's often difficult to see the edge of the steps in most pools (including mine), particularly when the pump is on.

Thanks for the replies. Honestly I never noticed some things like the tiles outlining the steps, but I guess that makes sense.

The sundecking is getting a good power wash tomorrow. I like it in the heat as it never gets hot to walk on, but it stains so easily. :cry:

dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.