Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: lovingHDTV Pool picts

1. Back To Top    #1

lovingHDTV Pool picts

I finally got around to taking a couple pictures so here they are:

href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">

href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2
    Beautiful pool. It's good to see another Round Rock, TX resident on the board. Enjoy the good weather coming (no rain). By the way, I see you have a heater you never use. PBs should come up with a way to keep the water cool. Last year a few neighbors had to go to HEB and buy bags of ice to get their pool water cool. Were you in a similar situation?
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

3. Back To Top    #3

very nice! I really like the glass blocks betweeen the spa and pool!
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbrks
    Beautiful pool. It's good to see another Round Rock, TX resident on the board. Enjoy the good weather coming (no rain). By the way, I see you have a heater you never use. PBs should come up with a way to keep the water cool. Last year a few neighbors had to go to HEB and buy bags of ice to get their pool water cool. Were you in a similar situation?
    I would aerate the water like an evaporative cooler, but now I learn why my TA would drop when doing that

Yes when the water hits the low 90's it is not very refreshing any longer.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

5. Back To Top    #5
    PBs should come up with a way to keep the water cool. Last year a few neighbors had to go to HEB and buy bags of ice to get their pool water cool.
    Actually there are products out there made to cool off pools.

Glacier Pool Coolers
    Pentair Heat Pump (this heat pump has a cooling setting just like a house heat pump would)

EDIT: Sorry, to hi-jack your thread lovingHDTV. end EDIT
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

6. Back To Top    #6
    Nice - add to the slideshow.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
    I would aerate the water like an evaporative cooler, but now I learn why my TA would drop when doing that

Yes when the water hits the low 90's it is not very refreshing any longer.
    It is such a nice pool. The glass blocks between the pool and spa are interesting and I love the tiles on the steps.

One thing though, your comment about aeration lowering TA. Generally, aeration shouldn't really affect your TA. Aeration raises pH. You use aeration to raise your pH when you are in the process of using acid to lower your TA. The process, when your Alk & your pH is high, you add acid which will lower your pH to 7.2 and your TA will also lower, then aerate to raise your pH which will hold your TA. You then repeat the acid treatment to further lower your TA, which will lower your pH again, so you aerate again to raise the pH again. Repeating as often as necessary to lower the TA to within the range.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    I wish now, that I had marked the edge of my steps with tile as you did.
    You can debate the attractiveness of that addition but, you can't debate the practicality.
    It's often difficult to see the edge of the steps in most pools (including mine), particularly when the pump is on.
    Debbie

9. Back To Top    #9

Simply beautiful!!

I love it because it's a "grown-up" pool with a slide....obviously the kids love it!!

Your pool is my "dream pool"...next time, when there are grandkids!!

Really nice...enjoy it!!
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for the replies. Honestly I never noticed some things like the tiles outlining the steps, but I guess that makes sense.

The sundecking is getting a good power wash tomorrow. I like it in the heat as it never gets hot to walk on, but it stains so easily.

dave