New Pool Build - North Dallas in Allen (East)

Awesome! That stone veneer is very cool. I haven't seen that before.

I agree ... I wouldn't start dig until all permits and HOA are done. I doubt they would start before getting those. It would hurt his reputation.

Sonos sounds pretty cool! If only we hadn't blown our budget on adding a spa. :)

Good luck this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words.

bhargraves, I know what you mean about blowing the budget. We saved up to pay cash for the pool and now we have taken out a small home equity loan to do the rest including a few more upgrades on the pool, outdoor kitchen, A/V, landscaping and patio furniture. Even with this small loan, not all of this will get done...it is just too expensive.

jww, I will post the A/V specs when he sends me the proposal (hopefully today).

Quote : "The A/V guys came to the house this weekend and explained to me the possibilities of Sonos! He thinks we should have three zones in the back (one for the TV and covered patio, one for the tanning ledge area and another one for the rest of the pool). It seems really cool as you can control the volume and play something different in all zones...all from your phone or tablet. He is going to send me the quote, but I think I will have the prewire the whole thing and have to do it in stages. This pool thing is expensive!!!

Does anyone have Sonos and use it for their outdoor area and pool?

I sold the playhouse/swing set! It sold for $500 (we paid $2,400 for it back in 2008). Now I need to sell my old grill. Any $$$ to go to the pool fund helps!"

Nice Pool MJ! We too are going to have Sonos set-up for our pool. Why are you getting an AV guy to do it? It is one of the easiest DIY wireless systems that you can just add yourself. The only down side that I see about the current Sonos speakers on the market is that they don't have a true outdoor speaker that can be left outside. We are having an additional patio built and this will shelter our speakers for now. From what I read Sonos may be coming out with an outdoor speaker soon. I don't understand why you will need to prewire the sonos....it is a wireless speaker system. You will only need an outlet to give power to the speakers. Our existing patio area is prewired for outdoor speakers but when I was researching outdoor speakers, I really liked the options that Sonos had and it is expandable. I bought our existing set for the hubby for a Christmas present...he's been very happy with it so far.

I LOVE my Sonos. I actually did the setup in the house...so easy and simple-no AV guy needed. IF you do it yourself you can save some money.

We have an older Sonos whole house system and really like it. We have a mac and another server driving the system with over 5000 albums loaded in it. We also have an internet connection allowing Pandora to stream. We have a combination of the wireless and hard wired. We have the pool area hardwired with outdoor Bose speakers under an overhang from our back porch. The apple iphone app we have is pretty cool and allows you to control everything from your phone. Good luck on your pool build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The dig started today! Here are some pictures.

Before:

DSC_0130_zpsdc7f4751.jpg

DSC_0133_zpse108e932.jpg

DSC_0137_zps3c5e23d0.jpg

During:

100_2226_zps71aff3db.jpg

100_2228_zps7b19d2cd.jpg

100_2242_zps44de101e.jpg

After:

DSC_0148_zpsb692d2fa.jpg

DSC_0151_zpscc012b5b.jpg

DSC_0155_zps9c124c28.jpg

DSC_0156_zps7672f498.jpg

Wow, what a mess!!!

Hopefully they will finish the dig tomorrow as it is supposed to rain on Sunday.

bhargraves, they had to use a smaller excavator due to limited space between the houses. No, they did not charge more as they knew this from the beginning.

I think they are close to being done if not already. It is pretty exciting to see a big hole in the yard!

Progress:

DSC_0170_zps45abee9c.jpg

DSC_0175_zps05bb0d82.jpg

Then we came home at the end of the day to find this:

DSC_0178_zps1466594b.jpg

DSC_0179_zpsc6383caa.jpg

I guess they knew it was going to rain today so they covered up the hole.

We have had four days of decent/good weather and how the cold has moved back in. Cold and rainy today and cold for the next couple days. I won't be surprised if they don't show up tomorrow.

The dig is done and...no rock!!!

They have done some plumbing and rebar over the last two days. They have had to continue to pump out ground water so they have put down some gravel.

I spoke to my Super about making sure the two outside scuppers are the same distance apart from the center scupper...they are 4 1/2" off right now and catches my eye. He reassured me that they would be tweaked and be fixed.

Here are some pictures.

From shallow end

DSC_0212_zps91ba0041.jpg

From deep end

DSC_0217_zps72ff6ada.jpg

Spa

DSC_0206_zps7374e5a4.jpg

DSC_0232_zpsed8a8c60.jpg

Other

DSC_0226_zpse84e1c23.jpg

DSC_0230_zpscb64924d.jpg

DSC_0223_zps223f8917.jpg

DSC_0207_zpsbc0b0818.jpg

Let me know if you see any issues in the pictures.

Re: New Pool Build - North Dallas in Allen (East) - Gunite!

Gunite today!

The crews showed up about 6:45 this morning and were gone by 1:00 PM. Wow, what an experience...it is really cool to watch.

DSC_0236_zpsc84e28f6.jpg

DSC_0241_zpsb15a1a93.jpg

DSC_0251_zps858bdb27.jpg

DSC_0259_zps23c2924e.jpg

DSC_0260_zps173fbe6e.jpg

DSC_0265_zps0ef8ea3c.jpg

DSC_0266_zps49f496b6.jpg

I was told to water twice a day for three days and once a day for a week. Does that sound right?

MJ your pool is looking good, looks like they did a good job with the gunite too. Watering sounds right. Ours said 2x a day for 14. I've seen a range from 7-14 days for watering and I believe it takes around 7 days to cure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.