Stonescapes Mini Pebble - Ahhh! What color should we choose?

Nov 25, 2013
North Texas
We are torn between Aqua Cool, Aqua White, Aqua Blue, and Caribbean Blue. We want something not-too-dark that will create a nice blue color, but I am worried that Aqua Cool might be too light. But, I am worried that the others might look funny in shallow water on our big tanning ledge. I'd love to hear opinions!

Does anybody have pictures of these they can share?

Most importantly IMO, think first about what water color you'd like to have. To me, this is overall the most important when you choose a finish color. As with all things color, taste and appeal is completely subjective.

We agonized over that too! One other thing to consider - think about where your pool is positioned, how much sun and/or any shade, from trees, houses, even my scupper wall causes shadows which affects the color. Mine is dark but with direct sun it has lots of sparkles except where the deep end is due to the scupper wall casting a shadow making it much darker.

We are trying to decide between those as well.

It sounds like we have the same criteria. We want a nice blue carribean color, not too light, but not too dark, no chance of looking green, and don't want it to look like a lagoon.

We are leaning towards Aqua White.

Have you checked all the actual pool pics in the Stonescapes gallery on their website? Aqua White (which I think has a name that is misleading) looks really nice. And should look nice on steps and tanning ledge as well. We're having our PB see if there is a customer nearby that has Aqua White that we can visit.

Exactly! I was originally leaning towards Aqua Cool, but I'm afraid that's just too close to plain white, so it might be a bit lacking in character. I like Aqua White, and I think I am leaning in that direction. I agree that the name is misleading. I do like those blue pieces in the Aqua Cool, though, which is the one thing that is keeping it on my list. I am not sure if I like the really dark pieces in Aqua Blue. Being in Dallas area, I worry that something with too much "dark" will turn my pool into a hot tub. Caribbean Blue is a wild card. I like the look of the sample, but I am not sure based on google images I have seen in that color.

We are trying to decide between those as well.

It sounds like we have the same criteria. We want a nice blue carribean color, not too light, but not too dark, no chance of looking green, and don't want it to look like a lagoon.

We are leaning towards Aqua White.

Have you checked all the actual pool pics in the Stonescapes gallery on their website? Aqua White (which I think has a name that is misleading) looks really nice. And should look nice on steps and tanning ledge as well. We're having our PB see if there is a customer nearby that has Aqua White that we can visit.

Choosing our Stonescape color was agonizing! I even picked up a box of samples and put them in a bucket to try and figure it out. Our decision was based on our tanning ledge which is why even though I like the look of dark blue water, I didn't necessarily want to look at a dark blue ledge. We went with Tahoe Blue which doesn't sound like what you're looking for in terms of color, but we like it overall because it makes our tanning edge look a little more natural, like sand. If I could do it again though, I probably would go with Tropics Blue. It casts a really nice color from what I've seen plus it has the added abalone shells for sparkle. Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks very much. Maybe a tad darker than we are looking to go, but I do like it.

Question to everyone ... how does the mini pebble feel on your feet? Any issues with it tearing up peoples' feet? We have a daughter with fragile feet, which has been worrying me our mini pebble plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were torn between Tahoe Blue and Aqua Blue. My wife was thinking Tahoe Blue would be too dark in our 8ft deep end. She thought it could be a safety issue. PB took us to another one of their pools that was Tahoe Blue and 8ft deep. You could see straight to the bottom. Even so, she wanted to go lighter and that's why we went with Aqua Blue.
If you can get your PB to take you around to see in person the color that you are thinking that would probably your best bet. Photos can be misleading.
I don't feel ours is too dark. Sunlight makes a big difference too. We didn't decide on the color until 2 weeks before they plastered. It was the hardest decision on our build.

We too went back and forth over the lighter blues...As comical as this may be, we went with snow white.

Here's my only suggestion. Ask your PB if he has any old customers that would be willing to show you their pools. Pictures often don't represent the color well (For numerous reasons). If you have friends w/ pools this can be helpful as well...but I found the PB was most helpful.

Thanks for the advice. I have asked the pool builder to see a pool that used StoneScapes Aqua White mini pebble, but he said they only have 1, and it was done "years ago". This seems surprising to me. It makes me wonder why this color would be so unpopular!

Heck I'd be thrilled to see one that's years old...it will show you how it wears.

based on what I've seen local to me, most ppl go extremes...really dark or absolute white. Those of us that choose white probably don't see the use in upgrading to a more expensive plaster (such as the pebble stuff) if it's not going to look much different. Of course there are numerous other reasons why you'd want the pebble (longevity being one)...I'm not convinced most people look that far ahead.

Mr. PB did tell us that the wet edge quartz was easier on your feet, said he had pebbletec in his pool and his little girls always have trouble with raw toes at the beginning of the swim season, said his next pool would be quartz for that reason. We only saw one pool through our builder, - should have asked for more - they had quartz (much lighter color) but they said their kids never had any problem.

There's a very noticeable difference between the regular pebble and the mini pebble. We were concerned about our feet too, but the mini pebble is great. We haven't had a single complaint or issue with any of the kids in our neighborhood that come to swim at our pool.

We were trying to choose between Aqua Blue and Aqua White and ultimately went with Aqua Blue after viewing some other pools completed by our contractor. We wanted a lighter colored blue water, not a deep color, nor anything remotely green. So glad we went with the Aqua Blue, it's exactly what we wanted. The Aqua White would have been way too colorless and boring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.