Check out my new toy

May 26, 2007
Ok, I picked up a Beertender the other day before a BBQ party. It was a HUGE hit. We polished off 4 kegs before the night was done :) Could have killed more but I didn't have anymore (bad host). I never thought we'd go through that much but the beer is so cold and delicious it's hard to not drink it.

Once you "tap" the keg it stays fresh for 30 days. The digital display counts down the days, gives you a level of how much beer is remaining and allows you to adjust the tempersture (36, 39, 42f). It is expensive ($300) but I think it's worth it especially in the summer. Currently the only beer available is Heineken and Heineken Light. I enjoy boith beers so it's oK for me but I'm hoping other manufacturers will jump on the bandwagon. It's a great idea. I should note that the keg doesn't have the skunky taste of Heineken in the bottle for whatever reason. The Light is a great beer for summer. Very crisp and refreshing. People who hate Heineken were drinking it like water.

This thread is useless without pics so.............

beer.jpg

display.jpg

It uses mini kegs.

heineken-mini-keg-large-2.jpg

I just saw this advertised last night for the first time. My dad has the coffee version of this, makes a single cup at a time of very good brew, lot's of choices of brands. Hopefully this will catch on as well :)

OK so I hope there were just 3 or 4 people at your party :lol:
Just kidding...that looks super-cool. I could deal with the Heiny or Corona or Bud Light or Miller Lite or.... okay, just give me a cold one, I'm thirsty now!
(HEY......We need beer smilies over there!!)

I had about a dozen people or so and none of them are big drinkers. If I had 50 cans of beer in a cooler I can guarantee I'd have 40 left. With the keg though the beer is ICE cold and VERY crisp and refreshing. heck, even my mother in law had 4 or 5 and she never has more than 1.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cruzmisl said:
.... I should note that the keg doesn't have the skunky taste of Heineken in the bottle for whatever reason. The Light is a great beer for summer. Very crisp and refreshing. People who hate Heineken were drinking it like water.

The skunky taste you get from Heineken and other beers is due to damage from light. When you go to the store and the bottles are sitting under bright florescent lights thats the worst thing you can do to a beer. With lighter beers like Heineken the 'skunking is more pronounced. Used to be that buying beer in cans was considered ghetto versus the bottles. But people in the know (ie. brewers) will tell you the can doesn't impart any off flavors and protects the beer from light damage. Thats one reason why beer from a keg will always be better than bottles.

Congrats on your ....ehem.... investment :-D

Kevin

I should note that they also have Heineken light in kegs too which EVERYONE really likes. I haven't served it to one person that didn't like it. With this and my Margaritaville I need to plan a big PAR-T :lol:

Well I have to say that this is one really cool find. I don't drink beer that much (pretty much a red wine man now that I'm older, i.e. wimpy-er) but Heineken and St. Pauli Girl have always been my favorite beers.
Thanks for the information. I'll have to check this one out!

If you are loading in Miller Lite, don't invite me to that party....even ice cold I can't drink that stuff. A draft Heineken is OK if frosty cold.

But that's what makes horse-racing. Everyone likes a different horse--or none (been twice to the Meadowlands for company dinners. Betting on the trotters is even duller than bingo--and I'd rather watch grass grow than play bingo).

That's cool! Hmmmmm might just have to add that to hubbys xmas list. I love the Heni light. I was very surprised when I tasted it for the first time after drinking regular Heni for years. Maybe Samuel Adams will come out with one too! That
Samuel Adams Hefeweizen is AWESOME!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.