I was a little confused about shocking previously and so I think my problem got a little out of hand. I assumed if CC was 0 that there was no problems in the water, that is not true because I was losing 7-8ppm overnight of chlorine.
I started shocking 2 days ago and STILL not able to hold my chlorine. Is this normal to take this long?
My procedure has been bring to 16ppm at about 6:00 when I get home, check every hour until midnight adding chlorine to bring to 16ppm, the last chlorine I put in I usually bring to about 20ppm. Then test in the morning, bring to 20ppm head to work and start the process over again at about 6:00.
Today is day 3 and I have been unable to hold the chlorine yet. Last night I lost 8ppm. Pump is running, pool looks very clear and sparkly, have been brushing.
Should I just keep going on this process until chlorine holds?