Hey ya'll from Alabama!

Jun 25, 2008
Bham, AL
First all... did ya'll see Big Bob on the Today show with that yummy Alabama BBQ? Alabama beat out Tennessee in the taste test....only hope we can do the same on the 3rd Sat in October!!!
Now on to pool issues....Our house is built AROUND our 40,000 gal plaster pool, which sometimes is a real problem in itself. We moved here in 1988(WOW 20 years just flew by!) We've never really had any major problems after getting rid of the well water except for having to drain and redo the pool many times over the years (leak problems). This year however we just can't seem to clear up the water. Been trying the BBB method since I discovered this site, but hubby doesn't have the patience and keeps dumping chemicals in. We've spent so much $$$$ so far this season, I think it would be easier to drain it and just start over.
I don't even know if this is the right place to post all this, but I've been so consumed for a whole week with this dang pool, I just needed to vent (I'd add one of those cute little smilie faces but I don't know how!) Thanks for listening!

Hi and welcome to TFP!

To add a smiley, just click on one, and the code for it will automatically be inserted!

As far as dumping chemicals in, a little bleach every day is pretty much all you need. Ok, well, with a 40K gallon pool, a LOT of bleach every day!! The other things are added on an 'as needed' basis!

Welcome Shellmom!

I'm originally from Alabama and also a BAMA fan (and graduate). ROLL TIDE!

Check the Pool School here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/category/pool-school/

Lots of good info there.

When you're ready, post your test results in the Algae Prevention and Treatment forum. If you don't yet have a good test kit I'd recommend one. The best ones are the TF-100 sold by duraleigh, a TFP member (http://www.tftestkits.com/) or the Taylor K-2006. These kits will give you the most comprehensive analysis of your water chemistry.

If you don't currently have a good test kit, take a sample to your local pool store.

Good luck! and we're waiting to serve!

:wave: Hey Alabama Folks . . . I live in from Tide Country!!!!! :wave:

I just posted on the thread fireman started before I saw this one . . . You guys need to check out his post . . . he is gonna need some serious help if he is converting to BBB.

Nice to meet ya'll . . .