Simplifying the beast

zodiac

May 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Currently I have the Intex 18 ft x 52 in Ultra Frame with the Intex SWG, Hayward C225 Micro Star Clear Pool Filter, and a Hayward Power-Flo LX 1HP pump. At the moment I have a rather janky set up with 1.5in spa hose, some 1.5in barbs, and some rubber unions with hose clamps. Needless to say it leaks a tad, and as stated previously, is rather janky. I know that there are loads of posts on here on how to convert to hard plumbing, however there are a two things that have kept me from going this route:

A) I currently have to disconnect the filter from the hoses in order to unscrew the cap to clean the filter
B) It seems like it would be rather difficult to remove items to service them

In addition to addressing my concerns, does anyone know if there is an easier way to pull out the filter cartridge without having the remove the whole canister from the hoses on the Hayward C225?

Thanks, I wanna get this done before the Houston humidity strikes..... Hence why I have the pool haha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.