Soon to be new pool owner question about speed stir

toddb

Jan 12, 2014
Chandler, AZ
Hi All, This is my first post but I've been lurking for about a month, reading a lot of threads, reading and re-reading pool school. This is such a great site and an amazing community of knowledgeable and helpful folks. Thanks!

In about 10 days I will be a new pool owner and I am ordering a TF-100 test kit. I'd like to get some opinions on the speed stir. Do most find it helpful or find that it's easier to just swirl the cylinder when adding the drops? I'm sure I'll have more questions once we move into the house and I get my first set of test results.

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new pool!

The speedstir is a HUGE help on many of the tests, and a lifesaver come the calcium test. Having the sample stirred the entire test allows you to closely watch for the color changes in the water sample. For just over $30 you won't regret it one bit. Check out the video on TFTestKits page.

http://youtu.be/4_EJknrPjYE

I wish I had one. A few times while I was testing I was swirling the tube by hand. Guess I got a bit agressive and swirled some of the water in the tube right out of the tube. So, had to start over and do it again. A speed stir is on my 'must get' list before it gets swimming time again.

First, welcome to the forum! :wave:

Congrats on getting started in the right direction too. Knowledge and testing is what it takes to have a perfectly balanced pool.

Get it, and you will never regret it. A little to the cost, but a WHOLE LOT of help. All labs use similar devices when running Titrations, because they are such a tremendous help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.