Plumbing for slide and waterfall

Lo

Jan 19, 2014
Hi everyone! We are in the process of having our 20x40 IG rectangular pool installed, so excited!!! Would like to have a waterfall and a slide but, we can't fit them into our budget. Should we go ahead and plumb for these even though we won't be able to afford them until next year? We live in central Arkansas, close to North Little Rock. Any input would be appreciated. :)

It would be very difficult to add them afterwards (though it can be done - I'm not sure you'd want to do it to a pool only a year or so old).

The waterfall will have to draw water from somewhere. I have a slide & waterfall and I have drains on the deep end pool wall which feed the waterfall/slide pump.

In theory you could get all the plumbing done to the pad and to the waterfall location - most important would be planning for what will feed the waterfall from the pool. I'm going off the assumption that a single pump won't be able to feed all your pool/spa needs (if you have a spa) as well as the waterfall and slide which is why I'm saying you'll need another water source other than the main drains.

You may also have to plan for the waterfall with you decking/rebar/gunite. My waterfall has a gunite base which is rebared as the moss rock on the waterfall is pretty heavy. Do you plan to put in decking at the future location of the waterfall during this first phase?

Yes, plumbing them now is a good idea. Make sure the pipe is accessible, but not in the way. A flush with the deck female threaded fitting with a flat plug should work. Also, make sure that the pipe is large enough to handle the flow rate as per manufacturer's instructions with minimal head loss.

Haven't really thought that far ahead regarding decking, or considered that I would need another pump. We don't have a spa. Thanks for the information.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You! That's what I needed. I really appreciate all the info I can get, still new to this pool "stuff"!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.