New Build in Central Georgia

Jan 29, 2014
First, thank you to the folks in this community who so willingly share information and pictures. I have been lurking here and educating myself. I am in located in the middle part of Georgia and have decided on a pool builder, who is in the process of sending me a contract. I am more than comfortable with the company and have received lots of positive feedback from several people who have used them.
I welcome any helpful suggestions as we move forward. I will be posting pictures of the build, which we expect to begin the end of February. Here are the basics:

• 700 sq ft Shotcrete Pool - Saltwater
• Wet Edge Pearl Matrix Pebble finish (asked for a different sand-colored finish on tanning ledge)
• 6x6 Basic Ceramic Tile
• 14in flagstone coping around perimeter of pool (I know it requires sealing each year but want a natural look)
• 25' long 18in tall drystack wall w 3 2' sheer descents
• Tanning ledge – 16’7” long & 5’10” wide (at its widest point)
• 3 steps total – 2 off of each side of the tanning ledge and one in deep-end off of in-pool bench
• 2 in-pool benches – a 7’2” bench coming off of the tanning ledge and another in the deep end of the pool (with the steps)
• 3 led bubblers in tanning ledge (+ 2 umbrella holes)
• 1000 sq ft salt rock concrete or spraydeck around pool perimeter
• jumping rock
• remote for pool
• Pentair Sand Filter and Pool Pump – ***We ultimately decided to go with one main variable speed pump with an additional booster pump for the water features***
• 2 Pentair Iintellabrite LED pool lights (choosing not to have additional LED lights on tanning ledge or elsewhere. I want color-changing ambience, but I am concerned that too much nighttime light will attract the bugs we have in this part of Georgia)
• 2 sets of Shallow End Steps and Deep End Swimout
• Pentair Legend Pressure Side Cleaner with Booster Pump
• Vacuuming Equipment (Includes: Vacuum, Vac Pole, Vac Plate and Hose)
• Maintenance and Vacuuming Equipment & Start-Up Chemicals
• 30 AMP Hookup from existing service from house up to 50 ft (placed on a concrete pad)

I am happy to post an initial picture of the backyard (currently in a light blanket of snow) and the design, but want to make sure I 1) conform to forum norms - do I add to Photobucket or attach to post?, and 2) and be respectful of the PB and his creating a design (think it’s OK to publish his Pool Studio design, but not dimensions? I don’t know.)

If you haven't already, you may want to ask to see a sample of the exact flagstone coping pieces (not just the color) you are getting. It comes in different thicknesses and finishes (tumbled, natural cleft and heat treated). The thickness can vary between 1 1/4" and 2".

Also, it's the Oklahoma flagstone that is somewhat more porous. PA bluestone (also generically called flagstone) is harder and less susceptible to salt damage.

I am happy to post an initial picture of the backyard (currently in a light blanket of snow) and the design, but want to make sure I 1) conform to forum norms - do I add to Photobucket or attach to post?, and 2) and be respectful of the PB and his creating a design (think it’s OK to publish his Pool Studio design, but not dimensions? I don’t know

I use photobucket and post both pictures and a link to the pool build. I have a 182 pictures and counting. You can go to new build in south texas and see for yourself on this forum. I look forward to seeing your build! Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.