Tx coast
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This all began 1-17-14. The dig took 2 days.

Rebar work started on 1/20/14

more rebar work

more pics Photobucket:http://s300.photobucket.com/user/mrcarcrazy/library/Pool%20beginning%20Jan%2017%202014

It's been bitterly cold so nothing has been done over the past 4 days.

The basic specs on the pool are
Size: 12'x21'x36' free form
Depth: 4'-7'
Decking: kool deck
Pump: 2 pumps. One will run water features (more info later)
Heater: natural gas 400k BTU(more info later)

Oh, Here's a little backstory on our backyard project.

First, massive Elm had to be removed. We were also getting the exterior of the house fixed up at the same time...that's why the patio looks 1/2 finished.

1/3 of it decided it wanted to get a closer look at the ground

so I cut it off and killed a chainsaw in the process

Paid people to cut the rest down, as the risk of death was fairly high if I'd have tried

Electricity and cable were both rerouted -in this pic it's only the electricity...but you get the idea (it took us nearly 3 months to get Oncor to move the line).

Oh, and the dogs area was moved back as well...you can see that in the progression of pics.

Well the guys came to the house for a couple of hours yesterday. They got the second skimmer in, and the line between them connected.

And I guess these are the inlets

I'm guessing they haven't installed the spa's rebar yet b/c of the complexity of plumbing that will need to go inside it. just a guess.

I take pics after each day that the workers are at my house. I usually use my real camera, but I've found it's easier to share pics w/ my iphone, so I'll have daily updates :p

Every so often I'll update the photobucket album with pics from real camera as well.

Looks like one of each. The one with the "mouth" is a skimmer. It looks like the other may be a return to the pool.

Interesting though, I've never seen pics where they ran the skimmer line inside the pool/gunite. Usually, these are trenched outside the pool. Perhaps they did that because of limited space. You would have to ask.

As for spa construction, it is complicated, but it normally comes along with everything else. One thing I've learned is that PB's have some different ways of doing things. Coming along though, and thanks for updating. I'm sick of seeing mine like it is, so it's good to see someone else's moving. It's weather for us though, the tile just came last week, and as you know we are back to nastiness again.

VERY tired of Winter!!! :rant:

Looks like one of each. The one with the "mouth" is a skimmer. It looks like the other may be a return to the pool.

Interesting though, I've never seen pics where they ran the skimmer line inside the pool/gunite. Usually, these are trenched outside the pool. Perhaps they did that because of limited space. You would have to ask.

As for spa construction, it is complicated, but it normally comes along with everything else. One thing I've learned is that PB's have some different ways of doing things. Coming along though, and thanks for updating. I'm sick of seeing mine like it is, so it's good to see someone else's moving. It's weather for us though, the tile just came last week, and as you know we are back to nastiness again.

VERY tired of Winter!!! :rant:

Yeah Xavier told me the Flexline was due to limited space...We already have the water feed for the house running between the pool and house, sewer runs other way around pool....lots of pipe in a limited space.

They were at the house today some, I believe they may return as one left his truck....They worked on the spa (digging some, and putting up the MDF) Pics of todays progress will come tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: yup, they came back. woohoo. I love it when they are there! = progress.

All I can tell you is don't be too sad, as someone who is a bit further along - watering gunite and brushing plaster when it's freezing cold is not fun... Here's hoping things warm up soon for y'all! I'm still trying to thaw out, maybe June before it happens!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All I can tell you is don't be too sad, as someone who is a bit further along - watering gunite and brushing plaster when it's freezing cold is not fun... Here's hoping things warm up soon for y'all! I'm still trying to thaw out, maybe June before it happens!

LOL. That I believe. I was rather uncomfortable just taking these pics yesterday. I believe it topped out around 36deg. I hate winter.

Anywho, as promised. this is 2/3/14's progress...

Yeah, They are working on the plumbing in the spa today since it's finally moderately warm. I'm betting they work as much this week as possible to get to that #2 draw.

The caliche isn't such a bad thing, except in cases where the PB charges you for digging in it! It should provide a nice, stable base for the pool to sit on, and not cause structural issues due to expansion/contraction. We lucked out in that they ran into caliche, but were able to get through it with the excavator, and the dump site was willing to take it (back-fill for a house that was removed). Dodged an expensive bullet!

Yeah. I compromised on the depth of my pool. I wanted 8ft+. But. The owner/operator of the backhoe already broke the backhoe once in my backyard. They weren't willing to go any more without a jackhammer. That was going to run another 1000.00+ For about 30 mins of hammer time. (Hehehe. Hammer time).

I came home early today. Here's a pic of today's work. A little plumbing in the spa. And some rebar work.

Question for u guys...does that seat angle look pretty extreme? I believe u don't want it perfectly flat. To keep dirt and such from settling on the seat. But this looks a bit extreme to my untrained eye. I trust em. But I don't want to assume they are always right.

So that is the spa seat? If so, it does look a little steep to me.

I'm not sure why you would want or need it to be....:scratch:

Did you plan on e slope in the design? There are lots of Spas shown here, and I don't recall seeing sloped seats like that. There is another build running right now where they "scalloped" some seats out, but I don't understand this one. Do update us on it.

So that is the spa seat? If so, it does look a little steep to me.

I'm not sure why you would want or need it to be....:scratch:

Did you plan on e slope in the design? There are lots of Spas shown here, and I don't recall seeing sloped seats like that. There is another build running right now where they "scalloped" some seats out, but I don't understand this one. Do update us on it.

I'll have a chat w/ him. Looks off to me as well. The pools I've seen of his don't have sloped seats like this...and I certainly don't want it.

I don't know what "e slope" is...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.