What Pool Light To Get?, Led pool light? Or fiber optic stuf

Jun 1, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
My current light is burnt out and I was thining of going with one of the Hayward Color Logic led lights. Anyone have one? Suggestions?

I've heard the fiberoptic lights that you mount around the pool coping don't last, so maybe I'd try this?

I have a 14x30 rectangle pool with a vinyl liner that is blue. You think this would look good?

2.jpg

I have the ColorLogic. It has 5 static colors and several other "scenes" where the colors either fade slowly or change rapidly. The colors are very saturated and are stunning. My favorite is the dark blue. My pool almost looks like a giant neon light. You can cycle through the different color modes and "scenes" by simply switching it on and off.

FYI...It would replace your entire light fixture and sit in the existing niche. The power cord would have to be run through the conduit to wherever it hooks up to your electric service.

Jason,
The Color Logics are high on my list. Here is a photo and a short video of the lights in "Disco Mode". You will know why Nocaster likes the deep blue so much.

1.jpg

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid112.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid112.photobucket.com/albums/n186/divnkd101/FamilyPics2003CannonPowershot.flv"></embed>

I have 2 Colorlogics; Large for pool and small for spa. Also have StoneScapes pebble finish in aqua blue and the darker color doesn't seem to take away from the lighting. I really like the energy savings and long bulb life of LED's.

This is one great forum! Thanks for all the replies.

Now, there is one other light out there I was kinda looking at. The Amerilight (Sam) light. Any thoughts on this one? I just want o be sure whichever I use will be bright enough.

Jason B said:
This is one great forum! Thanks for all the replies.

Now, there is one other light out there I was kinda looking at. The Amerilight (Sam) light. Any thoughts on this one? I just want o be sure whichever I use will be bright enough.

I have the Amerlight (Sam) in my pool and I like it. It works pretty easy also. Turn it on and it is at the color when the light was turned off, flip the switch again and it starts going through all of the colors fading in and out, flip it again and you can lock it on a color.
However, I think I like the looks of the light show with the Colorlogics that divnkd101 shows. It appears to have more colors and different settings. The Sam light just goes slowly through the colors. in the same order.

Jason, I researched the Pentair SAM but PB talked me out of it. It's halogen - 300 or 500 watts and has a moving color wheel inside that can wear out. But take that with a grain of salt! PB is a Hayward guy! :roll:

The SAM lights would be brighter than the Colorlogics LED's.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a SAM in my pool, a SAL in my spa, and a Pentiar illuminator for the fiber optics on my water features (fiberstars spillover pots). Nice thing about it is that they can all sync with each other or I can control the colors indeepndantly. Originally had Fiberstars lights but the colors were very intense and I find the more pastel colors of the Pentair lights nicer to look at. Pretty awesome at night when all the colors are synced or when I have the water features and the spa one color ahead--it looks like the water pouring into the pool from the spa and the water features is changing the color of the water in the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.