Reputation Meter.

pwrstrk

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2012
Elverson Pa.
How do you get the star for people to click on under your post to give props ?

There is another symbol that some members have, not all that means add infraction for that username. What does that mean ??

The star for adjusting reputation should always appear so long as you are logged in.

The infraction symbol only appears for experts, mods, and admins and is for "complaining" about bad behavior, kind of like the old report post.

I do not think you will not see the Infraction symbol for Mods and Admin. I do not see it for JL or other Mods, but I do see it for you.
Wonder if it has something to do with the hierarchy of the groups ... you can only add infractions for people in a "lower" group?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not an admin, and I see star, and report under all posts in this thread, but also see infraction under all of pwrstrk's posts, I don't know if it is because he is the thread starter or because everyone else that has posted is a moderator or admin. So what is the difference between infraction and report?

Ike

p.s. I even see the report triangle under my own post, but no infraction symbol

Mods and admin don't have the infraction symbol.
We are above the law :mrgreen: ... In reality, Butterfly has her own form of punishment if we get out of line :shock:

I think the Report is the same as it was on the other software ... notifies Mods that something need attention.
I am guessing Infraction allows you to officially warn people they are out of line ... and for asking ... Isaac is about to get an infraction :evil:

I did not give him one ... but it looks like you can warn the user about various things and they accrue points that expire in 10 days. It also tracks how many point a user gets in total. Not sure what happens if a user gets a bunch of points within 10 days, but generally if someone is causing a problem, they will be gone long before they accrue points.

I am not sure if we (Mods) are notified when someone gets an Infraction or not. Also not sure how we are notified of Reports at this point either :D

I go to other forums that use VB, and every one of them is a lot different in some way or other than all the rest. There must be tons of options to use behind the scenes.

As soon as I see woodyP, I'm trying out that infraction button!!! :poke:

Reactions: Leebo

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.