Welcome to our new look!

How big is the picture you are trying to attach? With the crazy number of megapixels in even phone cameras, the files are WAY bigger than they need to be to show nicely in a forum and they eat up the forums resources.

You can always host the full-size images at a photo site and post the URL link if you want them to be very big.

The attachment size limits are the same as they were on the old software. However, the new forum software will try to resize your images so they fit within the limits, while the old software would not. As always, it is best to post photos to somewhere like photobucket.com and then link to them from the forum.

I love the new look. I have a question thought. For some reason, by the time I was done typing my message, the system said that I needed to logged in so I could post. But I was logged in. Is there something I should check so I won't be logged out? Thanks.

It seems that some posts are missing. Well at least for me. In the Backyard Oasis I only see 5 posts total.

In the "General Setting's" you should see a box for " Default Thread Age Cut Off." Change that from the forum default to a longer period of time. I've got mine turned to "Show all threads."

Reactions: Patrick_B

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WoW! Congrats on the new clean look and a definite welcome surprise.

What no advanced posting options like BOLD, italics or COLOR for fonts, LINKS or other fun stuff like smileys
Jumpup.gif
etc.????
Who said learning BB Code was a waste of time?
Nananere.gif

I know looks aren't everything, Craigslist has proven that to this day
Rolling.gif
but there are some things that nearly every respectable forum has in place for its users. I'm sure there's going to be quite a few bugs still as usual with most transformations.

Keep up the great work!
Yaisse.gif

ERRRR!
Edit:Just noticed you have to go to a separate page for smileys, still no advanced options, unless I missed those too. :brickwall:

It looks like the search button is now the built in vBulletin search instead of a Google search. I seem to get better results with Google than vBulletin. Are there plans to support a Google search button?

I know I can do a search over on google.com with "<search term> site:troublefreepool.com", but I'm lazy and would prefer a button here. :)

Thanks for switching to the new software.

It looks like the search button is now the built in vBulletin search instead of a Google search. I seem to get better results with Google than vBulletin. Are there plans to support a Google search button?

I know I can do a search over on google.com with "<search term> site:troublefreepool.com", but I'm lazy and would prefer a button here. :)

Thanks for switching to the new software.

I agree. On another vBulletin forum I am on, I think the search is the same as here, but under the Advanced Search link the Google search is available.

I could not find the link, everytime I clicked in my favorites bar on old TFP it would say could not find server, so I finally googled troublefree pools and voila here I am. Keep up the good work

Where are the smileys?????

Google search as the default is coming back, however Google results are mostly wrong at the moment. Google still has links cached to the old URLs. In several days when Google gets straightened out I will switch them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.