FC - 0
PH - 7.2
CYA - 65
TA - 110
CH - 400 ppm
CC - 0
TC - 1 ppm

Questions:

I want to run these numbers to get feedback on any adjustments I should be attempting. Also, should the FC start to hold shortly?

History:

I had some issues with a suction line leak recently so our pool was down for repair. A new line and skimmer box were installed within 3 days of the breach. I chose to treat the plentiful iron stains following the repair with 4lbs of AA. It worked well with the exception for some areas on the walls that I will hit with a sock.

Action:

I have been bringing the FC back up slowly (64 oz. 10% liquid daily for 4 consecutive days now). Each day the FC has dropped to zero the following evening except today where it was at 2-3. The PH is holding at 7.2. The water is crystal clear and looks beautiful. I was waiting to see if I started to see some stains come back before I added a sequestering agent. Staining has not returned so I have not added any yet.

The light bulb went on:

Prior to getting on this site and doing some reading, I was floating tabs for 2 years. In the summer, I had them in the skimmer box also as I was getting algae even at high FC levels. I read why this was happening and made the corrections. I am sure the leak was caused by the tabs in the skimmer basket. The pool is on a BBB schedule.

At the time of the repair my FC was sky high and the PH was 6.8. I did not take any other readings.

Thank you for this incredible site. :whoot:

all the best, Brian

Well, you are doing some very good things, but we don't want chlorine at zero for any appreciable length of time. I would suggest increasing your daily FC addition by maybe 33-50% but then monitor it carefully. When the FC begins to "hold" in your pool, reduce your FC addition back to where you are now. Consult the FC/CYA chart for your maintenance level.
I was waiting to see if I started to see some stains come back before I added a sequestering agent. Staining has not returned so I have not added any yet.
Sequestrant is a preventative and is not good at all at removing new precipitation. It should be in your pool now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.