Spa spillover

Sep 4, 2013
Quick question! We have an in ground pool and spa. We have a Pentair VS pump as well. We run the pump at 2400 rpm's, and we notice that the water does not spill like it should out from the spa to the pool (we have two spillovers). My question is, should the water be spilling properly into the pool, without touching the side of the spa like we thought it would, at the 2400 rpm?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. No it still looks like it runs down the side instead of the spa instead of pouring into the pool. We are new to this and just don't know if the spillovers work at different speeds instead of 3400 rpms which is the top speed.

I have a Hayward ecostar pump, at lower speeds it just trickles down the spill way, at higher speeds its like a water fall!
in pool mode. I'm not sure what hp that pump is but moves the water well in my 18x36 pool with 7ft raised spa.

IMG_0720.jpg
80% speed.

If I understand your configuration, if you are not getting any spill over then you are taking the same amount of water from the spa drain that is returning to the spa (obviously). Unless I'm missing something it does not sound like an RPM issue.

My system is configured so that in pool mode water is not sucked from the spa drain but some water returns to the spa (as well as to the pool) allowing for the spill over. In spa mode all of the water is taken and returned to the spa so that there is no spill over.

I would check your return and suction line valves to make sure it's not sucking/returning the same amount of water to the spa (unless you are in spa mode).

I see your pool is new. Check with your PB. If you are pulling water from the main drain and pumping it into the spa, your pump should easy move enough water to have a substantial flow over your two 18" spillways.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.