Pump Settings

Jan 22, 2014
I have a new pool and am curious if my pump is set up for optimal operation, in terms of energy efficiency. I have a 17k gallon pool / spa combo, with the spa raised up 2 feet and spilling into the pool. My equipment is in my signature. My pump is currently set at 2465 rpm and runs at the same speed for 9 hours. The tech who set up the equipment said it is set up correctly, however, I have been reading a lot of information saying I should run it lower for a longer period. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The most efficient speed for that pump is around 1000 RPM. So lowering the speed could certainly save you a good bit of money. Also, you may not need to increase the run time. Please read this: pool-school/pump_run_time

One caveat, running at that low of a speed may not give enough suction for your vacuum to operate correctly. If not, you will either want to run at a higher speed for a short period for the vac and then switch back to 1000 RPM for some more time. Or, if you want the vac to run longer, dial up the pump speed to find the minimum where the vac operates (which you would want to do in the first case as well).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.