Finally became a supporter!

brian987

LifeTime Supporter
Since discovering this site about 5 years or so ago, you guys have impressed me on so many levels than I can't begin to thank each and every one of you! The mere fact that this is literally one of many forums (for other home issues) that has never once made me feel "less than", nor belittled me for asking what would be considered a stupid question on just about any other forum I have checked into. Not much is more demeaning when you come to these forums for help (after all, isn't that why they exist?...I believe many think their mission is simply to show others how smart they are? or to use as a feeble attempt to "get back" at the cool kids from high school?...but I digress).

The point here is that even the engineers here...the guys that speak a language that is incomprehensible to me most of the time (brother and niece are both engineers)...have a way of explaining things in terms that are clear, without being condescending! Thank you...thank you...thank you! I wish I could afford to support at a higher level...ya"ll have saved me way more money than I could afford to repay. And the amazing thing...if I have been away for a bit...upon my return, there is always something new to learn.

All of this inspired me to begin my own, independent pool service here in the N Dallas area...and also because of you guys, my clients are impressed with my general knowledge and subsequently, the way I am able to transform their pools! One of which was about to give up and fill it in...just needed someone trained properly to come to the rescue.

You make me look good.

Thanks and looking forward to a long relationship.

Brian

A lot of people are very rude when they are sitting behind a keyboard for some reason. I never understand why they don't think of it as talking to someone face to face, but they don't. We strive to be friendly to everyone, no matter the level of knowledge and it's nice to hear your feedback.

Thank you for the kind words and the contribution to the forum. Hope you continue to come back and enjoy it. I learn something new all the time, and it's one of the reasons I enjoy it here. Good to have you aboard.

Thanks for that insightful post and your contribution.

From the beginning, SeanB insisted this forum have good manners. JasonLion, the Mods and I decided very early that should be a cornerstone of our forum philosophy that will continue forever.

Folks come here to learn about pools.....not to find out who thinks they are the smartest guy in the room.

The forum continues to flourish because of the knowledge, experience and excellent manners of our members.

Your contribution is especially timely as we will soon announce some behind the scenes things going on now that will help us far into the future. More to come.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.